All of our Certifications are underpinned by our Certification Scheme Rules, Procedures and Management Processes, which are governed by our Certification Governance Board.
At Planet Mark we have a strong focus on delivering robust quality and consistency. Our Certification Scheme Rules, Procedures and Management Processes are governed by our Certification Governance Board and are aligned to ISO 17065 to ensure that we are delivering a quality certification. Our Quality Management Systems have been independently ISO 9001 certified, demonstrating our compliance with best practice quality management principles. The methodology behind our suite of Planet Mark Certifications for businesses and built environment is underpinned by leading international standards, like the GHG Protocol and Science Based Targets.
These are primarily intended for use by parties implementing our Certifications, including Assessment Bodies, Planet Mark employees, and members of our Certification Governance Board. The Certification Scheme Rules also provide guidance to Members on how to achieve certification.
Our Certification Governance Board (CGB) is responsible for and has oversight of all elements of our Certification Schemes. It reports directly to the Planet Mark Board and is predominately made up of experts who are external to Planet Mark and can provide robust feedback, guidance and stewardship of our methodology. The CGB typically meets on a quarterly basis to deliver its responsibilities, including:
– Review and approval of new and amended documents for the Certification Schemes, including those that describe the procedures, methods, guidelines and tools used for certification.
– The appointment and assessment procedures for Planet Mark Assessment Bodies (PMABs).
– Providing and maintaining a reference list of interpretations and clarifications of the requirements for the Certification Schemes.
– Ensuring the Certification Schemes comply with all appropriate legislation and are operated in an impartial manner.
– Oversight of the complaints and appeals process.
We are continuously reviewing legal requirements, compliance, best practice and the evolution of ESG and sustainability ideas, to ensure that our certifications remain both compliant and cutting-edge. The CGB will review our Certification Scheme Rules at least once per year to determine, approve and publish necessary updates.